This past week the mornings here have been pretty chilly--think 25 degrees with a windchill of 8. Ryan and I had both wimped out on morning walks with Cooper for a couple of days, but I was determined to get back into the routine so that our dog would be a little less wild and crazy spirited.
I bundled up in what I believed to be an appropriate amount of clothing and embarked on a 30 minute walk. I expected to be miserable, but to my great surprise I was perfectly comfortable. The only thing that got a little cold at times was my nose. Thats right folks, I returned from this frigid morning walk with a smile on my face and willing to do it again.
At this point you are all staring at the screen in disbelief. "Right," you say, "this from the girl that requires a jacket to prevent her from getting chilled on a breezy 75 degree day." Trust me, I am as surprised as anyone. I am either coming down with some strange illness that makes me able to tolerate cold or I have truly mastered the art of dressing for the weather. Either way, Cooper was pleased that the morning walks won't be put on hold for the winter.
- S
No comments:
Post a Comment